Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Another depression profile (sort of)

My husband's cousin, Heidi, has a fun family blog and today she had a great post about her experiences with depression. Introspection tells the story of how Heidi dealt with a depressive episode after a difficult pregnancy and death of her child. In my book, Heidi is one of those rare every day heroes who has been through hell and found a way out. Be sure to check out her post. She also put together a great website, Angel Babies, full of important info for people dealing with the loss of a baby. I am amazed by her ability to transform her pain into help for other. I know her efforts have blessed so many people.


*If anyone else has shared their stories about depression on their blogs or would like to share it here email me at lolapalooza AT hotmail DOT com with the phrase "depression profile" in the subject line. I would love to link you. Remember, the more we share our stories, the more we strengthen each other!

3 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

: ). I certainly could have gone into more detail for the purposes of your blog, but my attention span ran out ;). Guess that's why I'm doing mine in two parts. Stay tuned for tomorrow's coping mechanisms.

Darren and Jody said...

Hi

I found your blog off of Breanna's blog and I just wanted to tell you that I also have struggled throughout my life with severe depression. I can relate somewhat to you and all I can say is don't worry about small things. I had a baby 6 months ago that was diagnosed with a terminally ill disease that has almost died a few times. Think about how blessed you are for having the beautiful gospel ,your husband and kids those are most important things.

Yvonne said...

Hi Laura,
I found your blog a few months ago, but haven't been able to find it since then. Saw it on Bre's site, check us out www.thewelchohana.blogspot.com

Yvonne