Thanks for your responses to my scripture query. I loved it. I think knowing that these scriptures were meaningful to others made them even more meaningful to me. It was like a little piece of your spirit was sharing it with mine. So, yeah, thanks.
I thought I'd post the list here so that you all can benefit too. Enjoy the hyperlinkage!
*2 Nephi 26:23-28, 33
* Elder Uchtdorf's talk on creativity
* Elder Holland's talk, "An High Priest of Good things to Come"
* 2 Nephi 4:16-35
* 2 Nephi 31:19, especially this part: "relying wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to save."
* D&C 98:1-3--note the powerful words like "recorded with this seal and testament," "sworn and decreed," "immutable covenant." God's promises are sure.
* D&C 122: 5-9
* Alma 26:27
"Righteous concern about conditions is commendable when it leads to constructive action. But undue worry is debilitating. When we have done what we can do, then let’s leave the rest to God." Ezra Taft Benson (here)
* D&C 88:119 (not sure why this one is comforting. . . it usually stresses me out, but, hey, I'm not going to judge! Maybe because it reminds people of the temple?)
* D&C 78:18
* John chapter 14
* D&C 50:40-46
* 2 Ne 24:7
* Mosiah 14
* Hymn 129 "Where Can I Turn for Peace?"
* D&C 50:41
* D&C 103:12
Oh, and BTW, queensister, You can totally vent here! I like to know that other people's lives are as screwy as mine :) And, Beckie, welcome to my blog :)