Sunday, February 10, 2013

Heart Monsters: Easiest Valentine's Day Craft EVER

Okay, so the Zoloft must be helping because I've come up with several fun things to brighten up our February.

Our family made a heart and snowflake tree for Family Night last week. We filled each heart with compliments for each other. My oldest calls it our "Positivity Tree".  I love it. I think we'll have to do it again next year. We also tried making candy from scratch and we're in the thick of the school science fair preparation and we even had a small Chinese New Year's celebration. Oh, and don't forget all the valentines for the three big kids' classes.

The laundry isn't done. My dishes are piling up. Every couch has blankets strewn across them. There are Legos spilled on every carpeted area. My house is such a mess you can't walk anywhere without stepping on some sort of crafting material

But we're having fun, so I'm okay with it. We can always clean up later, right?

My favorite craft of this season, besides the Positivity Tree has to be Heart Monsters. I birthed this out of my own little brain for the oldest Valentine's Day party at school (although a friend of mine told me that she made them in elementary school way back when). I think I've improved upon the (apparently) original design that involved construction paper, glue, and crayons.






Here's the How-To:

1) Purchase a variety of large-ish foam hearts, a variety of small foam hearts, some pipe cleaners, heart beads and googly eyes. Make sure that all your foam hearts and googly eyes are self-adhesive. This project would be no fun if you had to wait for glue or try to manage a glue gun.

2) Choose two large-ish hearts and a couple pipe cleaners. Take the paper off the back of one heart and stick pipe cleaner to it. Twirl, bend, and fold pipe cleaners to create the monster's appendages and hair. The whackier the better :)

3) Match second large-ish foam heart and remove paper. Match it's sticky side to the sticky side of your first heart, thereby sandwiching the pipe cleaners in between the two hearts.

4) Embellish! Add beads to the arms, legs, and hair. Add small hearts to the face, hair, or legs. Stick one, two, or even three googly eyes on your monster's face.  Use a Sharpie to draw a smile or add other features.

Surprise your loved one Valentine's Day morning with them or hang out with your kids for a while and make enough to decorate your dinner table. These were so simple and fun I couldn't help but share.
                                            

                                                           Happy Valentine's Day!




9 comments:

Bella In The Bayou said...

I love your heart monsters. I will have to remember that for next year.

Unknown said...

First of all I would like to thank you for the great and informative entry.
*******Visites My sites>>>>>>>>>> greenteatips *****************

I like the helpful info you provide in your articles. I will bookmark your blog and check again here regularly
*******Visites My sites>>>>>>>>>> mentaldepressed *****************


Lots of great information and inspiration, both of which we all need, thanks for all the enthusiasm to offer such helpful information here.
*******Visites My sites>>>>>>>>>> mentaldepressed *****************


I am so delighted to see this particular kind of content articles. I appreciate lots and hope to determine another terrific posts in your blog.
*******Visites My sites>>>>>>>>>> worlduniversalhealthcare *****************

I like the helpful info you provide in your articles. I will bookmark your blog and check again here regularly
*******Visites My sites>>>>>>>>>> meditation uk *****************


Lots of great information and inspiration, both of which we all need, thanks for all the enthusiasm to offer such helpful information here.
*******Visites My sites>>>>>>>>>> meditation uk *****************


I am so delighted to see this particular kind of content articles. I appreciate lots and hope to determine another terrific posts in your blog.
*******Visites My sites>>>>>>>>>> meditation uk *****************

Shula said...

Please pray regarding the memorandum.

Grant H. Palmer, historian and author of "An Insider's View of Mormonism" and "The Incomparable Jesus" provides a memorandum of the three meetings he had with a general authority in 2012/13.

http://mormonthink.com/grant9.htm

tracy.rose@healthline.com said...

Hi Laura,

Healthline is interested in contributing a guest post to butnotunhappy.blogspot.com. We would be open to contributing any blog that would be of interest to your readers. Healthline bloggers have been featured on a variety of sites including:

Washington Times: http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/tango-mind-and-emotion/2012/aug/10/how-healthy-choices-easy/
Natural News: http://www.naturalnews.com/036515_diabetes_strawberries_prevention.html
Patch.com: http://strongsville.patch.com/blog_posts/where-and-what-to-eat-in-cleveland-to-beat-the-winter-blues

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Warm Regards,
Tracy

Unknown said...

Amazing! Its truly amazing post, I have got much clear idea about from this piece of writing.Very good advice. :) Love your blog.

Thasin
Testosterone Therapy

Unknown said...

Just stumbled across your blog. I'd like to link it to mine which is very similar. I'm LDS with MDD and Borderline as well. Check mine out seeingisbelieving95.blogspot.com

Marc Breed said...

On what date will your name be mentioned for the last time? This then, is your second & final death. Run with the pack, if you must. Speak ill of me, if you will. But I am forever a part of Clevelands' Fine Art History.

-Marc Breed
America's Fetish Photographer

http://artpostertheworldprogram.blogspot.com/

depression said...





The hand of your Lord will make them useful

Sydney Headshots and Portraits said...

Sydneyheadshotsandportraits helps you get Professional Headshots in 3 easy steps.
https://www.sydneyheadshotsandportraits.com.au/corporate-headshots-sydney.html
Address: 9 Keriba Street, The Ponds 2769, Australia
Phone No : 0425 228 815